Kundiman is seeking a Development Intern. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience with an organization that supports writing communities and the literary arts. The Development intern connects Kundiman to individual and institutional supporters, which is vital to the sustainability of Kundiman initiatives. Candidates must be based in the New York area and will report to the Development Manager.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Strong social awareness and networking skills
- Interest in sleuthing
- Assisting with preparation of grant proposals and artistic samples
- Researching grants and identifying foundations and donors that match our mission
- Helping to lead fundraising efforts and grant writing
- Maintaining a calendar of grant deadlines
- Researching trends in Kundiman donorship and updating donor database
- Helping to organize donor events, including annual Benefit
Through Submittable, please send us a cover letter telling us why you think this position is right for you, and what you hope to add to and learn from the Kundiman community. Please also include a resume and two references with your application.
• Commitment: 12 – 15 hours per week
• Duration: September – December 2017
• Deadline to Apply: September 5, 2017
• Stipend: $500