Kundiman is seeking a Communications intern. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience with an organization that supports writing communities and the literary arts. The Communications intern builds Kundiman's presence through e-blasts, social media, marketing, and publicity, and reports to the Executive Director.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Desire to work within a community of writers and arts workers
Strong verbal and copyediting skills
Ability to manage time and multiple projects, meet deadlines, and focus on detail
- Drafting copy for e-blasts, website, and promotional materials
- Helping to devise and implement Kundiman’s publicity plan across traditional and social media
- Drafting copy for readings, events, or official announcement for Kundiman, as needed.
- Disseminating news and cultivate community with Kundiman fellows and supporters
- Attending NYC programs and help create a digital archive of program multimedia
Through Submittable, please send us a cover letter telling us why you think this position is right for you, and what you hope to add to and learn from the Kundiman community. Please also include a resume and two references with your application.
Commitment: 12 – 15 hours per week
Duration: September – December 2017
Deadline to Apply: September 5, 2017